I normally don’t care for musicals, but we took a chance on this one, because it’s so well known. And what a surprise and treat it was. The actors were superb, and Glinda was hysterical. What wonderful singing–and the comedy lines had us in stitches. Some of the great scenes were:
- The wizard (as a robot head)
- The Wicked Witch towering over the crowd at the end of the first half
- The slap–followed by a scream that turned into a horrendous cackle (brought the house down)
- The duet by the Wicked Witch and the hero.
- The line “step away from the green girl”
We had pretty good seats, about halfway up in the orchestra area, far left. E505-507. Next time I’ll shoot for E501, as that’s the seat next to the aisle. These seats had an aisle in front of us, so we had good leg room.
We took our oldest granddaughter, Megan (16). She loved it.